The taps of foreign dripping are a cause of receipts for water expensive, as well as a source of other problems. The water deposited not only attracts insects, but can also filter into the foundations. Although it is sometimes a more complex problem that causes leakage, most faucet leaks can be repaired without having to pay for expensive service provided by a plumber.
- Put your supplies together. It is good to have a small box or tray on hand to avoid losing the tools on the lawn. Close the main water passage inside the house before starting.
- Remove the handle. Loosen the center screw with the screwdriver. Put the screw in the box to prevent it from being lost. The handle should be removable easily.
- Remove the gland from the bottom of the handle. Turn it counterclockwise. It may be necessary to move the stem a bit to remove it.
- Remove the stem. It looks like a long rod that has a washer on the end. Remove the washer and replace it with a new one.
- Grease the end of the stem with a little Vaseline or grease for taps. Reinstall stem, gland and handle. Now it should work fine.